• An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
Hrady a zámky

Chateau in Sucha Beskidzka

google maps

Contact: Szcyrk, ul. Zamkowa 1, Tel.:( 33) 874 13 03,

A renaissance chateau in Sucha Beskidzka, a magnificent residence of owners settled on the property of the Susky family. It was very often called a ?Small Wavel? as it was very similar (especially the bailey) to the royal castle in Krakow. Most likely, on the same place there used to exist earlier a wooden courtyard of the Slupsky family which had burned down. The origins of the Susky chateau are linked with a person ? Kasper Susky, who had built (probably in 1554-1580) a stone court for protective purposes on the same place. Today, its remains are parts of a later constructed southern wing of the chateau. There is known one of the former architects - Gregorius Kaczorowski who was participating in building the chateau in 1580.


Chateau in Pszczyna

google maps

Contact: Pszczyna, st. Brama Wybrańców 1, Tel: +48 (32) 210 30 37,

Pszczyna chateau, a long past residence of Hochberg von Pless princes ? an Augustan palace of magnates in Pszczyna, which together with 48-acre park makes a palace-park complex. In the chateau, there is a museum of interior ? State Chateau Museum in Pszczyna. It was open to public on 9th May, 1946. In the cellar spaces there is an armory (open to public on 12th May, 2009). There are presented collections where the oldest of all come from 19th c. and the latest from early 20th c. Among them are ? executors' swords, spears of cavalry, a collar from the Bars confederation, and also a samurai's harness.


Old chateau in Żywiec

google maps

Contact: Zywiec, st. Zamkowa 2, Tel.: (033) 861 21 24,

Building of the object is accredited to Osvětim princes or to Mikołaj Strzale c. Kotwicz (the 1st half of 15th c.). The oldest gothic appearance from the 1st half of 15th c. consisted of the only dwelling tower and some wooden buildings surrounded by an earth mound and a shallow moat. During the reign of the Komorovsky family, it had undergone several serious visual changes. At the end of 15th c., it had become a defensive fortress (four dwelling towers with a courtyard, ramparts with four corner towers). Since January 2005, the Old chateau has been housing a Town Museum in Żywiec.



Chateau of Princes the Sułkowský

google maps

Contact: Bielsko-Biała, ul. Wzgórze 16a, Tel.: 033 822 06 56,

The oldest and the biggest historical building in Bielsko-Biała, located in the eastern part of the old town. It was built up in 14th c. thanks to the interest of the Těšín prince Przemysław I. Noszak and during the following four centuries it had served as a residence of Těšín Piasts. It is a town chateau type, implemented into a protective system of Bielska and at the same time it became its strongest element. It had also served as a frontier fortress, which used to protect and patrol both regional and state boarder of Biala.


Chateau in Stará Ves nad Ondřejnicí

google maps

From far away you will be attracted by this chateau shiny decorated facade. Experts and art lovers would appreciate its style purity which makes it a jewel of renaissance architecture in the Northern Moravia and Silesia. Formerly, the residence of village owners was middle ?aged fortress. A change had been made after an arrival of a master Jaroš Syrakovský ? a seigniorial official on Hukvaldy in 1559. He had decided to build up a comfortable and a well-built family residence, typical for that renaissance period. Therefore, there was founded a three-storey chateau with almost square grand plan, with an inner small courtyard decorated with open arcades and a tower in front. The construction of the building had lasted from 1565 till 1570. Then, father's work took over his son Ctibor, a vallet of the bishop Vilém Prusinovský from Víckov and the highest scrivener of the Moravian margrave. His status and finances enabled him to finish building of the chateau in 1574-78 and essentially decorate ? in the spirit of the Italian style and apparently mostly thanks to the Italian stone-cutters and painters ? by stone interior gantries and graffito decorations. Graffito artists used a combination of a letter graffito with figurative creation. This way you can watch scenes from the Bible capturing episodes from battles with Turks and also illustrations of nobility. A lunette cornice is decorated by fresco painting.

Looks of both builders are captured by unknown stone-cutters on sandstone figural tombstones placed in a nearby Church of St. Jan Křtitel.

Since earlier 17th c. the chateau had been owned by the Podstatský family nearly for three centuries. Around 1690 and again in 1704 it was damaged by fire. During restorations a damaged graffito decoration was overlaid by a simple rendering and a tower was tapped by an onion-shaped roof. Not until a description from 1916 which again drew attention to the formerly existing graffito rendering reappearing under a falling rendering. Building itself happened to be in a very decayed condition and above all, during liberation of the village at the end of WW II the tower with onion-shaped roof had burned down, which then had been replaced by a pyramidal roof.

Not until 1953 new building renovations started, especially of the graffito. After two other restoring treatments and construction renovations, the chateau with an adjacent park serves to the village needs with all its beauty.


Mansion in Horní Tošanovice

google maps

This mansion is located in the middle of a garden, right next to the main road connecting Frýdek and Těšín opposite a junction to Třinec. Late empire mansion was built in the 30's of 19th c. by Emanuel Harasovský and his son Karel. It is simply structured one-storey building of a rectangular grand plan which stands out by its former stucco decoration and an interesting inner layout with a huge stairway hall in the middle.

Frontal facade with 7 windows in a row has a three-axis buttress in the middle. In a whole, it is structured by pilasters ending with rich formed cornice where above there is a gambrel roof. The windows are set in simple stucco platform bands. In a similar way, a garden fore front is solved. From a mansion to Dolní Tošanovice mansion leads a linden tree alley. Around the mansion there are objects of farm buildings which were jotted by usage of an agricultural grange. Nowadays, the mansion is beautifully restored and returned to the hands of a former owner Mr. Antonín Heger. However, mansion is rented to a company TOZOS as an office building, therefore it is not open to public.


Chateau in Frýdek-Místek

google maps

Place: Hluboká 66, 738 01 Frýdek-Místek

Contact: Tel.: +420 558 630 051 ? 3


This chateau stands on a hill in Frýdek part of town Frýdek-Místek. It also houses the Museum Beskyd. History of the chateau is not that known; the first name linked with the building is Adam Václav, a Těšín prince, from 1545. Since 1918 it had belonged to the state and served as offices and flats. In 1960, when museum took it over, the chateau was rebuilt and today it operates as a cultural centre. In 1967-68, the last wing of old chateau was converted into a wedding hall.

In earlier time, over the river there had towered a gothic domain castle from the first quarter of 14th c. which had served for protection of a trade route leading along the domain boarder. From the previous castle there has been preserved only an inner part with a square tower. Later on, the chateau had been rebuilt in a baroque style as well as the interior of the Chapel of St. Barbara; and in the second quarter of 17th c. there were built up and added farm buildings surrounding the first courtyard. Even though the present appearance of the chateau looks modestly, there is a tour available of a newly opened chateau circuit with chateau interiors, a knight's hall with 35 blazons of Silesian nobility, an exhibition of that period furniture such as ? a secession screen or a cubistic table, also a view tower ? alcove, the Chapel of St. Barbora and other interesting objects. The way to the chateau leads from the Zámecké Square. If going through a gateway, you will appear on the first courtyard, whence you will get to the park as well as to the chateau itself. On the first floor there are several furnished rooms. And in front of the chateau there stands a statue of St. Jan Nepomucký from 1727.


Larisch Manor on Těrlicko

google maps

The Larisch manor is a modest noble residence from early 19th century, an empire building of a former chateau. The inner part of the building is a bit older. In 1971-72 the manor and its whole area underwent an overall renovation. Interiors had been adjusted for recreational purposes; there in the area were built up tennis courts and facilities for water sports.


Former chateau and its park in Paskov

google maps

the village by a pedestrian elongated afore-chateau area with a high tower in the middle. There, on the tower, is installed a big clock. In front of the chateau entrance stand two religious sculptures ? St. Jan Nepomucký and St. Šebestián. A baroque chateau was built in 1640-1646 during the reign of Václav from Vrbno, on the place of a former fortress. It had gradually belonged to many noble families and in 1869 after a fire, a count Mořic from Saint Genois had it rebuilt into today?s appearance of four-winged chateau with a gambrel roof and neo-Augustan facade. After the WW II in 1945, the whole property of the last owner Otto Stolberg was expropriated and the chateau was then converted into a hospital. Therefore, its previous mission of the chateau had changed and to a great extent it had also negatively influenced the historical principle of the building.

The park, today called Kirilovův, in the memory of a soldier of the Red Army ? Vasilij A. Kirilov, a casualty in a battle of Paskov; it has several benches and comfortable sitting in the surrounding of many aged trees. The park used to be a chateau garden.


Defunct chateau in Horní Domaslavice

google maps

The place of now gone chateau and courtyard in Horní Domaslavice is located on the north boarder of Horní Domaslavice behind a house no 115/4, in prone terrains between the road leading from the highest part of Dolní Domaslavice (Vidíkov) to Horní Domaslavice and a downhill towards the right bank of the river Lučina; where the tidal area does not extend to. Through the former courtyard runs a forest road leading from Horní Domaslavice to the Church of St. James in Dolní Domaslavice. The real place of the chateau is on the left from this road towards the slope into the Lučina valley and today, it is marked by an information board explaining history of this long gone chateau. On the right side of the road in the slope right beneath the mentioned road, there is a restored Chapel of St. Anne. Chateau in Horní Domaslavice had been built by the Grohmann family by the end of 18th century. In early 20th century it had been kept by a baron from Mattencloit. The chateau character had not anyhow differed from other chateaux around - Ropice or Horní Tošanovice. It was a one-storey building of a rectangular ground plan with a gambrel roof. In today?s area, there can be found only farm buildings preserved.

<< Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

Page 1 of 2
© Region Beskydy, všechna práva vyhrazena
vytvořeno eABM s.r.o.
  • Čeština (Česká republika)
  • English (United Kingdom)
  • Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
  • Polish (Poland)