Kunčice pod Ondřejníkem

google maps


Kunčice pod Ondřejníkem lies in the wide saddle between the dell of Frenštát and Frýdlant between Ondřejník and Stolová mountain in a beautiful landscape of Moravian-Silesian Beskydy. The first written mention about the village dates back to 1581. In the past iron ore was mined in the village and glass manufactory was built here, which was operated until 18th century. Kunčice pod Ondřejníkem is an ideal starting point of tourist trips to Beskydy mountains. Also the cyclists can set forth on the marked cycle tracks with varied degree of difficulty from rounds suitable for family trips with kids up to demanding tracks. The slopes of the surrounding mountains are also used by paragliding lovers. When the weather is good, tens of paragliding parachutes gliding above the village become a local attraction, as they use the conditions offered by top of Ondřejník and Skalka.


Objects of interest:

- Wooden church of St. Prokop and Barbora ? brought by Dr. Šebela from Carpathian Ruthenia in 1931. It has original iconostas with a series of interesting icons

- Church of St. Máří Magdaléna from the beginning of 19th century, which was built in place of wooden sanctuary

- Gallery of Karel Svolinský ? permanent exposition of graphics, paintings and statues of Czech and foreign artists. The artists include apart from K. Svolinský also for example O.Zoubek, M. Knížák, J. Kolář, Z. Fibichová, C. Bouda, A. Born, F. Tichý, R. Fila and other famous names.

- Natural reserve Skalka ? it is formed predominantly by fir and beach forest, which sometimes assumes the nature of a primeval forest. Core area is formed by beeches that are up to 180 years old.


Leisure time:

- Gymnasium and tennis courts ? 2 clay tennis court, volleyball court, Russian skittles

- Paragliding ? it is possible to jump from Skalka mountain top



Wooden church of St. Prokop and Barbora ? stands in the northern part of Kunčice pod Ondřejníkem. The church was built in Carpathian Ruthenia in Hliňanec. In 1928 this church was sold to the director of Coal Mines of Vítkovice and in 1931 it was moved to Kunčice. The church was dismantled in parts and partially reconstructed during the reassembly in Kunčice.




foto foto

© Region Beskydy, všechna práva vyhrazena
vytvořeno eABM s.r.o.
  • Čeština (Česká republika)
  • English (United Kingdom)
  • Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
  • Polish (Poland)